25.1.10

swedish girls do it better

at least so it says on Lou's signed cd she got yesterday. Signed by the adorable guitarist in the band. And the rest of the band too. And by ourselves. I wrote Swedish girls do it better too.

So, yesterday we had grand plans, we were going to go to the beach, stay there all day since it was Antonios first day off for a long time, then we were gonna have a picknick in Bondi and then go to Bondi Beach Rd Hotel to watch Bonjah. However the weather didn't cooperate and it rained all day. So we went to IKEA instead. Note to ourselves: Don't go to IKEA on a rainy sunday. It was kind of hectic, kids, parents, couples EVERYWHERE. I don't think Lou and I've ever said "I'm dying" so many times as we did yesterday. Anyhow, we got out alive and brought home a mattress for my bed, two shelves and some things to get our tables and room organized.

Then we got home, Antonio abandoned us, and so it was just Lou, Marcus and myself who went to Bondi. Antonio, it has to be said - you missed out. At Beach Rd a few (hihi) bands were playing, we were there for Bonjah though, I've never really listened to them before, but they were really good. I didn't actually listen to them that much yesterday either since we found some new friends in the band that played before them, The Ryan Meekings and The Few. Really good band actually. They were from Melbourne, hence they were pretty and had great hair and clothes. meaning in my personal view: skinny jeans, tshirt and cons.

After they've closed at Beach Rd we went to Bondi Hotel with Lou's old flatmate Gabriel and his friend something that we met on our way downstairs. Then we met up with two boys from the band, guitarist Brett and drummer Corey (I insisted on calling him Clyde all night, don't know why), went down to the beach and sat there for about 4 hours. Marcus decided it was a good idea to take a swim in the middle of the night, I wasn't very happy about it since the currents are crazy here and the waves too high in the middle of the night. He got out safe though.

He did however end up in hospital, not from swimming though but since he felt so bad, he thought someone had spiked his drink (noone had since we all drank the same beer and we all felt good). So he wasn't feeling very well at all so we eventually called an ambulance to come pick him up. The nurses only laughed and said he had had too much to drink. And Lou and myself were the nicest roomates, leaving our new found friends to help marcus. He is part of the family though, and I'm sure he'd do the same for us.

Now, the other two are still asleep and I'm sitting in the living room, on our cupcake carpet, waiting for my washing machine and our shelves to be delivered. Then, at 2.15 I'm getting my hair cut. Woop.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment