2.1.10

no time for sleep

Now i'm back in little Sydney. I'm sitting at the kitchen table in our flat eating melon and It's 30 C outside and air humidity 99%. Last day was a lot of fun, hectic and no time to feel jetlagged. Sarah came to pick me up at 6am, then we went back to our place and I had a long shower after the flight from hell (the last one from Bangkok was good though, lots of space and I saw both September Issue and The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus (see it! h. ledgers last film, it's great.))

We then went straight to The Terrace to find Lou, Matt and Lou's younger brother Axel decked out in the bed and sofa. (I have to give it to them, it was new years day and 8.30 am) Matt, being fairly hungover, was a bit rude. but he came over to us later in the afternoon and was his normal lovely self again. We exchanged christmas presents and after a couple of hours we left Matt to recover, after he had rode his bike out on the street in his underwear. He did wear his helmet though. We went to Crows Nest to say hi to Antonio, Emma, Petra and Robin. I still haven't said hi to the last two, they didn't want to come out from their room. Marcus was there as well, and another girl, I still don't know her name. Noone does. She slept at the Crows Nesters after Matt's party and I thought she was there with Marcus but no, he didn't know her either. Noone did. She then borrowed clothes from Emma, came in to the city with us and tried to get hold of the friend she was visiting since she didn't know what the place she lived at was called. She had a good start of the new year.

We walked around the city, took the monorail and played tourists, went to Darling Harbour and had lunch at the stairs. Then decided to go to Manly for dinner on the beach. Now I just need to get a tan. But it's not sunny, doesn't really matter here though in the country without a ozonlayer. I'm terribly pale, see through would be the correct description. Especially next to Emma who is black. Literary. I'm jealous.








x x

No comments:

Post a Comment